Research and publications by BEST Services principals and associates (selected)
Publication in peer reviewed journals
- Becker GE, Roberts TE. Do we agree? Using a Delphi technique to develop consensus on skills of hand expression. Journal of Human Lactation 25:2, 2009 View
- Becker GE, Cooney F, Smith HA. Methods of milk expression for lactating women. (Review) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 12, 2011. View
- Becker GE, Remmington S, Remmington T. Early additional food and fluids for healthy breastfed fullterm infants. (Review)Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 12, 2011.View
- Connolly C, Kelleher CC, Becker G, Friel S, NicGabhainn S. Attitudes of young men and women to breastfeeding, Irish Medical Journal, 91 (3): 88-89, 1998. View
- Becker GE, Breastfeeding Knowledge of Hospital Staff in Rural Maternity Units in Ireland Journal of Human Lactation 8 (3): 137-142, 1992. View
- Co-author Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Pre-school Services, Health Promotion Unit, Dept of Health, 2004. View
- BFHI Link newsletter of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative in Ireland, G Becker editor since 1999. View
- Assessing health worker performance in assisting a mother to learn the skills of hand expression of milk. PhD thesis, Medical Education Unit, University of Leeds.View
- more coming
- Fallon M and Becker GE. Interim report of the National Committee on Breastfeeding, May 2003. Health Promotion Unit, Department of Health and Children, Dublin.View
- Becker GE, Boyle, C. A review and scoping out of the implications for extension of the Baby-friendly Initiative to community health care settings in Ireland. Report of Project to HSE Population Health (Health Promotion) Directorate, December 2007. BEST Services, Galway. View Extract.
- Becker GE, McCormick F. Renfrew MJ. Methods of Milk Expression for lactating women, a Cochrane systematic review. View Poster
- Becker G, Woolridge, M, Roberts TE. What are the skills of hand expression? Poster abstract at the Annual Conference of the International Lactation Consultant Association, 2005. Journal of Human Lactation 21(4), 491, 2005. View Poster
- more coming
Additional publications are available, though not in downloadable formats. Visit About Us for more details.
BEST Services undertakes research consultations, reports, and development of materials. Contact Us to discuss how we can assist you.